The DSM Adapter is used to connect the Spektrum DSM2/X satellite remote receiver with the gyro, so far only A3 PRO V2 and A3 Mini supports the Spektrum DSM2/X remote protocol.
Connect the satellite to the adapter then insert the adapter to the [Serial RX] pin of the gyro, connect the servos by following the illustration below. Change the Receiver Type of the gyro to "Spektrum DSM/X Satellite 1024" or "Spektrum DSM/X Satellite 2048" then restart the gyro to make the new setting take effect.
A3 Mini DSM2/X Satellite Connection
A3 PRO V2 DSM2/X Satellite Connection
About the Resolution
Spektrum's radio has 2 resolutions: DSM2/X 1024 and DSM2/X 2048. It depends on the transmitter, however, as we know, most newer models use 2048 resolution now. If you are unsure which resolution is being used by your equipment, just try both.
If you have a Spektrum receiver we suggest you bind the satellite with the receiver following the binding procedure of Spektrum's instruction, which makes the binding easier. The satellite can be removed from the receiver and used as a stand-alone serial receiver with our gyro after being successfully bound. However, the gyro also provides you an approach to bind the satellite directly without a Spektrum receiver, please follow the procedure below.
Before binding, the adapter needs to be plugged into the right bind pin according to the following table.
|Model||A3 Mini||A3 PRO V2||Others|
A battery or an ESC is required to power up the gyro in the following steps.
A3 Mini Binding Connection
A3 PRO V2 Binding Connection
- Step 1
- Change the DSM Binding Option of the gyro to "DSM2" or "DSMX" via the config software or the programming card, you can choose either DSM2 or DSMX if a DSMX satellite is being used, it depends on which protocol you wish to bind to the transmitter. But the DSM2 satellites only support the DSM2 bind mode. (Change this setting in the Receiver Menu for A3 Pro V2).
- Step 2
- While pressing the button, power up the gyro, both the LED on the gyro and the satellite will begin to blink Yellow quickly which indicates that the satellite has been led into bind mode.
- Step 3
- Turn on the Spektrum transmitter while holding the Bind button on the transmitter and wait for the bind process to complete.
- Step 4
- After binding is completed, press and hold the button on the gyro for about 2 seconds, release it when the LED turns solid Yellow, this operation will reset the setting of DSM Binding Option to avoid entering bind mode in the next start.
- Step 5
- After a successful binding, connect the satellite and the adapter back to the [Serial RX] pin, restart the gyro and operate the servos to confirm that communications have been established.
- The adapter needs to be plugged into the right bind pin of the gyro when binding.
- If the satellite is not able to enter bind mode, try to repeat the procedure of step 2. Remove the battery from the gyro before retrying.
- By testing, most satellites can be bound successfully by following the procedure above, however, if the binding still keeps failing, it is recommended to bind it with a Spektrum's receiver.